Wednesday, January 9, 2008

December in Ephraim

We love to visit my sister any time of the year. It is also a great in-between spot to meet my dad and his family. This winter was a great time to go because there has been a lot of snow in the valley and the kids are able to bundle up and play outside.
These are some pictures that I thought were fun. Rod's dad let us barrow his nice camera so we were experimenting


Porter was ripping it up on the little "kitty-kat" that my brother-in-law has kept running for as many years as he is old. I'ts so awesome to see our kids doing the things that we loved to do when we were kids. I'ts a little different for me as a mother though, some times I get so nervous I just laugh and hide my face so I can't see what is actually happening. Who knew that Porter would love fast machines. That is one I never expected.
My 3 snow bunnies!


















Olivia Catching a ride with uncle Brad.



Conner liked to sit on the snowmobile but he didn't like the sound much. It was really loud!































It was soo cold ,that the kids had to cover every part of their body to ride on the tube. This is Olivia's version of a fashion statement in the snow. She was very concerned about the look of the snow pants. I assured her that we all looked the same way and that she would be happy that she looked like a multi -colored polar bear.

Breana, Nick and Porter chillin in the tube.











Conner was sure that he was going to be able to walk through the snow, but the poor kid was soo bundled up that he could hardley stand in the snow. He reminded me of the kid off of "A Christmas Story" when he couldn't get his arma to stay down.






Conner just kept saying"ooh, ooh, ooh!" I think that is how he expresses his excitement.









.

6 comments:

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

I miss winter in Ephraim. Those were a good two years. I love how bundled up Conner is. Very jealous with the tubing, I haven't done that forever. Now we just need pictures of the cruise to help us think of warm weather!

Lonnie and Shelby said...

All of your pictures are great and it looked freezing! I remember doing those same things in the snow and wonder what my mom was thinking when we got on those snowmobiles! I can only imagine! Your kids are growing up so fast and it looked like you had tons of fun in the snow!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

That picture of Conner, the 2nd one down, is so great! That is completely framable for sure. What a cute boy!

Jess said...

Oh man! It looks so fun. I wish Alex were older so we could have been there!

Mike and Debbie said...

You guys have the most fun! The kiddies are so cute too! Love it! I also love that there is a mini snowmobile to go along with the mini quad. Who knew that these things existed?!?

Chelsea Johnson said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I can't wait to be able to have my kids play in the snow.