Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Giving Thanks

Last week in church friends of ours spoke about gratitude. Very appropriate for this time of year. I really enjoyed their comments and put me in the mood for thanksgiving. So for family night we decided to have the kids make thank you card for people they wanted to tell "Thanks". They had a great time making their turkies and decorating them. They took them to school to give their teachers. We talked about all the blessing that we have. It was great that the kids are starting to understand the meanings of the Holiday's and that they are learning so much. We asked Porter if he knew what the Pilgrims and Indians were all about. " The pilgrims came on a boat and they were hungry so the Indians helped them." We were suprised at how much he knew and that he could sum it up in one simple sentence. Smart kid! Olivia has been learning a lot too. She is incredibly politically correct and always refers to the Indians as Native American. Which they are, it just sounds so grown up. She knew about how" the pilgrims left their country because their king wanted them to worship him." I'm glad she pays attention in school. She is one smart wipper too. Honestly I asked them just to make sure I am remembering things correctly. It has been a really long time since I've been in school.

4 comments:

Mike and Debbie said...

Yeah! Cute blog! I'm so happy that I can see what you guys are up to! This will definitely make it easier for me to be a billion miles away!

Jess said...

I love your blog. You're so good to be detailed about it. Hopefully I'll have something good to write about soon~
Keep up the good work!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Yeah Mary! I'm so happy that I finally found your blog! It looks great, by the way, and your kids are so adorable. You are such a great mom to teach them the meaning behind the holidays. They do seem like very smart kids, too! It was great to see you the other day--see ya again soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with this better be new and not super old and you didn't tell me...us! :)I'm so glad to have a way to keep in touch. I was just thinking about you two the other day. Honest. Love ya Kim