Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Halloween

Halloween 2007. This year was great. Just a litttle trauma figuring out costumes. Porter wanted to be a BUFFALO! You ask, how do you get a buffalo costume? Luckily this started months ago. Porter was determined that NANA could make him a buffalo dress-up. Nana found a great, life-like hat that would work perfectly so I figured I could come up with the rest of it. Well I did my best but it just wasn't what Porter had in mind. He wanted "Fur all over". I didn't get it. So reluctantly , but with a good attitude, Porter put on the old stand-by, or should I say Side-kick, to participate in the time old tradition of Halloween. Porter's pre-school class has a trunk-or-treat with all the parents . It is so much fun to see him interact with his class and his teacher. She is great! Porter was excited that his friend was bat man so they could be a dynamic duo.


Conner loved halloween. He had more fun going through the others candy then they did themselves. He loves the salt water taffy the best. I had to make sure it got unwrapped quickly or it was gone in one big bite. "Naked baby" wasn't his costume. He was a pumpkin, a very cute pumpkin. Unfortunately I haven't gotten the pictures of him from my father-in-law. I will post them as soon as I get them. They will be worth the wait I promise.






Olivia had her school parade. It is quite a sight. She was excited to be a "China Girl" Rod couldn't help but sing "little china girl" to her every time she said it. She looked darling. We went to our ward halloween party. The kids love this tradition. The youth in the ward do it for the primary kids every year. It is a lot of fun. Olivia was quite independant this year, running from booth to booth. The next time I saw her she had a bag full of candy and her face painted and we had only been there 20 minutes. Porter was more reluctant. He didn't like "the scary stuff" this year. It really freaked him out. We were to the point that I couldn't take him to wall mart without him throwing a fit. So he stayed close to me and we made our way to the candy but skipped the face painting. I don't think the boys are into "make-up" as much as the girls. Oh Well.
Trick-or-Treating at my mom's work has become a must for the kids. The office complex where my mom works has a Trick-or-Treat every year. We have to go and see Grandma and show our costumes to the co-workers. It's always fun to see what they have come up with for their own. Grandma is great about coming up with good ones that she lets me borrow when she's done. It works out great for me and I think my mom secretly likes it too. My kids favorite part is the cookie dough that PaPa Murphy's gives out. I think Rod ate it this year.

1 comments:

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

I just looked at your blog for the first time. So excited that you have one and now I know to look at it. I love the three b-day cakes!! I hope Thanksgiving is going great.