Monday, March 24, 2008

New Pets

This is Sam! YES!!! That is a scorpion! I was asking myself the same question when I was cleaning out the box of live crickets yesterday. How did I ever get myself into this? Porter's preschool went on a field trip to pet co and got it in his head that he needed a scorpion for a pet. He earned the money and collected the aquarium and accessories from his cousins. I ran out of excuses and we went and got some pets. Olivia went more my speed and got a beta fish. A lot less yucky to feed than the scoprion!

I cant believe what I will do for my children! I don't know how I got suckered into agreeing to get a pet that you have to feed live insects too. My mom told me that I have crickets for pets too since they have to be fed and cleaned also. GROSS!
Olivia named her Beta Blueina. It's a male but she wanted it to be a girl so we gave it a girl name and call it a she.


2 comments:

Lewyville said...

I can't believe you actually went through with it and got a scorpion. You are a better mom than I am.

Anonymous said...

Sammy the scorpian.....Sam will think Porter loves him! ;) And you are crazy! I told my kids none of that in my house...when they make the rent/mortgage...they can bring it in! Yuck, yuck yuck! You must be hanging with Amy too much!! ;) ha ha