Monday, March 24, 2008

Who is that? We sure look like we should know what we're doing huh? This dirt bike riding has become a family hobby. Rod bought me a dirt bike for our anniversary(13 years in febuary). I am now an official owner of a Yamaha TTR230 (I think that's right). All I really care about is that it is actually my size and I feel like I can handle it rather than it handling me. We went for my first ride on it a week ago with my brother and his wife. Both seasoned riders , so they put me to shame. We sure had fun though. We rode out to the old Fort Pierce. This picture is of me going through "handle bar canyon" I figured out why they call it that when my hips and elbows decided to meet at my handle bars a few times. I have some fine bruises to show for it. We had a great time though. I'm tougher than I thought I was. I guess the whole motor bike thing runs in the blood huh mom!


11 comments:

Skybob said...

Wow what a sweet aniversary present! We are looking at getting my wife a bike and thought a 200 four stroke might be her speed. It's nice to hear that you like the 230. I have never heard of the place you are talking about, but it looks like Utah. Drop by our blog if you get a chance, I think we might have a few things that interest you. Feel free to drop us a comment if you would like.

Skybob said...

MyBlazeOfGlory.blogspot.com

Merrill's said...

Wow Mary, very impressive. I don't thik Stan and I will be joining you on these adventures. Well, maybe Stan would go - but not me. I will babysit the kids.

Merrill's said...

Oops, I spelled "think" wrong. I am little tired this morning. Next time I will proof read.

Chelsea Johnson said...

You are so adventurous Mary! You are a great mom, too, for letting your kids get those pets. I'm not so sure I will be quite that nice when it comes to a scorpion!

Steph said...

Mary!
I think I saw you at a baseball game tonite, but it was one of those "after thoughts" where I was like, "I think that was Mary" and then you were gone. Later I saw Rod so I know it must have been you! Is Porter or Olivia playing? Lewis is on the 7-8 year-old league and Conner is on the 5-6 year-old T-Ball. Hope I'll get a chance to visit with you at some games this season!
P.S. You guys are CRAZY adventureous!

Libby said...

I can't believe that is you riding that bike! You are so tough! I would be scared out of my mind. I have a whole new respect for you.

And holy scorpion! You ARE a great mom to let them get that. Wow. I got the creeps just looking at it!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

You are looking 'fierce' in your dirt bike clothes! Very impressive. Can't wait to x-ray you!! You are a way better mom then I am to let Porter have a scropion. I have nightmares just thinking about it.

L and T said...

Cute background!

L and T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

I don't know about putting you to shame, but it was definitely FUN! I love going out with you guys!