Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Easter 2008

My sister-in-law and I ended up wearing the same thing. What great taste you have Debbie.
After all the crazy hunting we went swimming. It was the first time of the year and they had to heat it up pretty good to get any one in. It was a success though. They kids loved it including Conner who was having a great time being a "big kid".

Porter has such a great sense of humor. He put these goggles on and said" hey, do you know who I look like? Anakin Skywalker driving the pod racer. " He was right!
Now he always looks for those goggles to wear. What a goof!


Our neighborhood always has an Easter Egg hunt in our cul-de-sac every year. We bring 10 eggs per child and they get hidden in the yards according to their age. This year we had around 800 eggs. Thats a lot of kids. We bring something to share for breakfast and have a great time. Grandpa Neeley came down to see us and went with us to the egg hunt. He loves to see the kids play and love to be with him.
Porter and his friend Griffin waiting patiently for their turn to hunt eggs.
The egg hunt at the steurer's allways turns into a huge event. Considering our numbers are increasing exponentially. Scotts brother's kids were there to help hunt for eggs too. The eggs were hidden all over Nana and Papa's yard. The "Big boys'" eggs were in camoflauge and hidden in the hills above the house. They were pretty motivated to find them since they were filled with money instead of candy. The kids had a great time.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit I'm a little jealous! i so miss being at family functions with the steurers. We were at the cabin for conference and it's just not the same as hanging with you guys! AND there's a kid in our ward that looks like a grown up Alec....so every sunday I just miss you guys!

Merrill's said...

Wow, you were busy during the Easter holiday. Cute pictures of your family!

Mike and Debbie said...

So fun! Glad I was able to be there and that you posted the pics of it! Well...not so much the one of me...but oh well! Love it!!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

What a fun Easter! I wish that I lived in your neighborhood so much. We are planning a park day next Tues and I hope that you will be able to make it. I will call you soon!

Jenni Bringhurst :0 said...

Cute, it looks like you guys had tons of fun for easter.