Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Olivia's First Science Fair

This was our first scince fair experience. I'm not sure if I should call it a success or not. I wanted Olivia to do as much by her own that was possible so we found an experiment that she could do entirely by herself. It also needed to be somthing that was quick so she wouldn't lose interest. We decided to do this very simple soil compaction test. Olivia was able to do the test in one afternoon. It took a couple of evenings to write up all the information and color her charts and graphs. She was great to do it all by herself. I was very proud of her for following through with it and being very brave to show the judges (high school students) how she did her experiment. Two of her friends took 2nd and 3rd. It was kind of hard for her to not place but I think it was a great learning experince for her and I was very proud of the work that she did.


2 comments:

Mike and Debbie said...

Go Olivia! All on her own too! That's awesome! Can't believe that Science projects come at such an early age in elem. school! How fun!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome and I lvoe that you let her do it! You guys are so cute!