Saturday, May 31, 2008

End of the School Year

Well, another school year has gone and we are wondering what happened to the time again. Every year I am excited for summer but I am not excited about my kids growing up so fast. Olivia and Porter both had end of year programs for the parents. Porter's pre-school had a "parent program" where the kids sang their favorite songs that they learned during the year. Porter loves to sing so it was lots of fun so see him get so into it. Uncle Uppy was the song that he couldn't wait for us to hear because the get to say "you're in your underwear" and he thought that was hilarious. He was telling us that we were going to "laugh our heads off". There also was a class challenge to count to 100. His teacher said that she would give whoever could count to 100 on the last day of school a king size candy bar. Porter has been practicing and earned his candy bar with 4 others in his class. He did a great job and we are very proud of him. He is definitely ready for kindergarten. Miss Megan , his teacher, has done a great job!
Olivia had a first grade talent show for her end of school program. The teachers in the first grade let the students who wanted to share a talent do so in front of the whole first grade and their parents. Olivia decided to draw Mickey Mouse for her talent. She is such a great artist and wanted to participate in the show so we borrowed an easel and she practiced very hard for the show. She was the very first student to go, but when she started to draw, the marker wouldn't word. See, Conner decided that he wanted to practice drawing like Olivia and it was all I could do to keep him away from the marker that day. I would put it away and some how he would find it and sneak some where to take off the lid and mess with it. I didn't realize that he had dried it out until Olivia went to use it in front of 200 people. She was kind of embarrassed but handled the situation very well and was soo cute about it. Some of the other parents even commented on how well she dealt with the minor mishap. Any way, the show went on while another teacher found a marker for her to use and she was able to "perform" and did a wonderful job. She has a lot more courage than I did at that age!

4 comments:

The Wright's said...

I am glad to see that Olivia handled herself so well on stage. I would have not gone back up there. I heard that you are going to be in the pageant, how fun!!! I wish I could do that with my kids but I am not sure I will get the chance. I will try and stop by sometime to see you. I did see your dad on Memorial Day, it was good to see him, it has been a while.

Vanes said...

So good to see some photos from home! We are sure missing St. George! I saw your name on Steph's blog and wanted to touch base! I have a little artist too (Bo) - he's drawing as we speak! We found a little gal out here who is an art major and is going to do some art classes for him! He's very excited about that!

Cassie said...

Mary-
I am dying for pictures of the pageant! How is it going?
Are you able to run while you are there? We are doing 10 miles this Sat. Wish you were going to be there.

Jeff and Jenni said...

Olivia is so brave, I would have freaked out. Does she get that from you Mary?