Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Race at Jericho

Rod has finally lived his dream and was in his first motor cycle race. Nerves about got the best of him before it started but once they got going he had a great time. The trail was dusty and pretty technical but he felt great about the way that he rode and was glad he did it. He is already planning to race again. We had a bunch of friends and family that were there racing too. My brother-in-law and my brother raced, that's Brad with Rod. Robbie left a piece of himself there in Jericho, ( we call him BIL "stubs" now) he lost his left ring finger when he wrecked his motorcycle. He is healing well and doing good in spite of it all. His motor bike is lonley though. It will be gathering dust for a while. We love you any way Rob. If you want to see some good pictures of his finger just head to their blog site.


3 comments:

Mike and Debbie said...

Way to go Rod! That's awesome! Too bad about Robbie though! That's quite a sacrifice!

Libby said...

I don't know if I dare look at the pictures of your brother's finger on his blog. Pictures are so different than seeing it in real life. Somehow real life doesn't bother me. I'm glad Rod did so well and didn't lose any body parts while he fulfilled his dream. That's cool!

The children's museum looks like so much fun. I have wanted to go there for a while now, but our trips to Salt Lake are always so busy and we rarely get to do anything fun or relaxing.

Sassy Lu said...

Hi Mary! I just stumbled onto Emily Olsen's blog tonight and then I saw the link to yours....you are the only Mary Kris I know so I thought I'd take a look. It's nice to see that you are doing so great. What a beautiful family you have! Anyway, I just wanted to send a quick hello. Take care!
Valorie (Anderson) Christensen