Tuesday, October 21, 2008

St. George Marathon







Yes! I am crazy! That's what I have decided. I've done the marathon before so you would think I would know better. But it is amazing what peer pressure will do for you! My running group (The Sole Sisters) did a great job. Despite the rain, we managed to enjoy ourselves and we all finished with great times. We were lucky and a few of us stayed at the starting line in a motor home the night before. It allowed us to get a bit more rest and stay dry until we absolutely had to get out to start the race. Thanks to Cassie , she had an extra poncho for me to wear that became my security blanket throughout the race. I didn't want to get rid of it for fear I would freeze. Melissa finally tore it off of me at mile 23. We finished the race just under 5 hrs. which was our goal so we were very happy! Thanks girls for a great experience, and to my husband who supported me along the way.

1 comments:

Jess said...

You are my hero. I am the underachiever of the family :)